I posted this on my new personal blog on Friday, but as we all know, big announcements really should go out on Monday, so I saved it for here until now. 🙂
I’ve been hinting on Twitter for the past couple of weeks about my “big new venture”. Well, this is it! I’m the new Director of Online Marketing for American Guitar Academy. Cool story, in brief. I met the founder, Andy Harrison, at an event where I got introduced to him by my friend Ann Collins (who I met on Twitter). Andy and I talked for a couple of hours that night, one thing led to another, and here we are! (See.this stuff really does work!). This venture brings together my love of music and my experience with social media, working with people with whom I’m philosophically/spiritually aligned – doesn’t get much better than that.
And as my first official order of business, I get to give away 50 free guitar lessons!
Have you always wanted to learn guitar? Or did you start and then drop it because you weren’t learning fast enough? Or maybe you already play and want to take your playing to the next level? No matter what level you’re at, this offer is for you.
American Guitar Academy has trained thousands of guitarists and bassists in the Portland, Oregon, area over the past few years using their patent-pending learning system, which has been shown to be as much as 8x faster than other methods at helping you achieve your learning goals.
AGA now wants to take this method to the world. How?
That’s right – live one-on-one lessons in the comfort of your own home. Personal attention from a patient, compassionate guitar coach who will help you achieve your goals faster than you ever thought possible.
Here’s what one AGA customer had to say about her experience:
“I had tried several teachers before working with AGA but was frustrated with the results. I love the one-on-one attention vs. the classroom setting, and my AGA guitar coach seems to understand how I feel as a beginner – he’s very encouraging and supportive. AGA’s online lessons are very affordable compared to the local teachers. The convenience is great, too. I used to drive 45-60 minutes each way for guitar class. Even the closest option is 15 minutes each way – I was spending more time driving than learning. I’m still a beginner, but for the first time I’m really happy with the progress I’m making.”
– Jonalynn, Hawaii
Now I could go on and on about how great the AGA learning system is, but why? The best thing to do is just let you experience it for yourself.
So here’s the first offer.
The first 50 bloggers to call (503) 430-1484 get a free 30-minute lesson to try it for yourself. Now there are some eligibility requirements:
- You must have a guitar available to you (duh!). Actually AGA provides guitars for the free lessons in their Portland office, but that wouldn’t be very practical in this case. 🙂
- You must have a working webcam and Skype. These lessons are interactive. YouTube videos can’t give you feedback.
- You must have an active blog, i.e., 4 or more posts within the past month. Honestly, I’m probably not going to check it. Honor system.
- You must speak English fluently (but you can be anywhere in the world). We may hire guitar coaches for other languages in the future, but for now it’s just English. Also, if you’re not in North/Central America, we’ll do our best to find a mutually agreeable time, but we can’t promise at this point.
- All levels and ages (well, let’s say 10 and up – we’re not sure yet how well young kids will work with the webcam) welcome! AGA’s system starts with the very basics and goes through highly advanced techniques on both acoustic and electric.
That’s it – no strings attached!
Try it out. Of course, we’d greatly appreciate it if you blogged about your experience – good, bad or neutral. This is a new program and we want the feedback as much as the buzz.
If you love it and want to learn more, here’s offer #2.
If you decide you want to continue your learning, you’ll be eligible for a 50% discount off the regular price. When we launch this program in full, the standard price will be $99 a month, with discounts for longer commitments. If you participate in this pre-launch event, you’ll be eligible to be locked in at 1/2 price – $49 a month (1/2-hour weekly lessons) for as long as you want to keep working toward your learning goals. Only one catch: to be eligible for this offer, you’ll need to:
- Post a link to your blog post about your first lesson in the comments here, AND.
- Tweet a link to your blog post about your first lesson to @AmerGuitarAcad.
One more offer (that’s #3).
OK, I’m not going to call it a contest, and I won’t insult your intelligence by calling it “free guitar lessons for a year”, because there is an exchange. So let’s call it an audition. Simply put, we’re going to pick one (or two or three) people to keep blogging about their experience in exchange for lessons. No length requirements – just blog about your lesson every week. No money out of your pocket, just a few extra minutes of your time.
If you’re interested in blogging for guitar lessons, same requirements as offer #2 above – post a link to your blog post here and tweet a link to @AmerGuitarAcad.
So are you ready to start learning guitar faster than you ever thought possible?
All you have to do to get started is call (503) 430-1484 to schedule your free lesson.
And please. feel free to tweet this, blog this, etc., if you think it would be of interest to your friends/readers/followers.