I’m speaking twice in the next few weeks on ‘Career Opportunities with Private Equity and Venture Capital Portfolio Companies’ . Institutional investors are certainly paying much more attention now to operational issues, which is good from the point of view of executives who are seeking opportunities at portfolio companies.
My hosts for these two presentations are both private executives group, so the programs are not open to the public. However, I have posted below the slides, also visible at http://teten.com/executive.htm . Of course, I always welcome feedback.
Issues I’ll discuss:
– Common engagement models with private equity and venture capital firms: Expert networks, senior advisor networks, executives in residence, and deal executives.
– How you can work with a private equity portfolio company: board member, deal origination, consultant, employee, interim executive.
– Why operational expertise is now far more important for private equity portfolio companies.
– How private equity ownership impacts a company.
– How you can use online networks and other “Web 2.0” internet technologies to increase your pool of potential employers.
– Non-traditional tools to win consulting projects.